With over 30 years of experience in mineral mapping technologies, especially mineral spectroscopy, the physics of proximal and remote sensing measurements and the development of new image processing methods, we offer a range of services that empower geoscientists with either the information required or the advice or training to generate valuable, accurate (mineral) composition information across a range of spatial scales and dimensions. So armed, our clients will enjoy improved characterisation and understanding of Earth’s processes and thus better equipped to use more efficiently and sustainably its resources.
Minerals are fundamental to the architecture of Earth and its formative processes though is too often lacking in related geoscience projects, whether it be targeting the alteration zonation around hydrothermal gold deposits, monitoring soil degradation through clay loss or understanding the location and durability of archaeological sites.
Mineral mapping technologies
Over the last 30 years a suite of satellite, airborne, field, drill-core and laboratory reflected/emission systems operating in the 0.4 to 20 µm wavelength region have been developed. A number of these have since become operational collecting routine data sets from the local to continental (global) scales. With proper data processing methods, these disparate data can be converted into accurate, seamless maps of mineral composition in 2D, 3D and even 4D.
- Mineral and energy exploration
- Resource development operations
- Soil characterisation
- Environmental assessment
- Archaeology surveys
- Spectral data/image selection and acquisition
- Spectral data/image processing for the generation of accurate compositional products
- Interpretation compositional products appropriate for the given target application
- Technical training (e.g. seminars and workshops) and advice
- Mineral mapping the Ming earthen Great Wall, China
- ASTER mineral mapping for gold exploration in Africa
- Technical advice for a constellation of hyperspectral imaging satellites
- Satellite ASTER band 5 calibration assessment
- ASTER mineral mapping in Greenland